How to brighten dull teeth - Whitening | bleaching teeth
Let your smile sparkle
Ask us about tooth whitening today
What will make your teeth sparkle this Christmas?
Do they just need a fantastic professional clean?
Is tooth whitening going to give them that extra 'lift'?
Would now be a good time to look at fresh new fillings; sleek porcelain coverings or strong crowns?
You deserve to find out what is best for your mouth and we need to look at your teeth holistically and discover with you the options that will work for you and your lifestyle. Book in for an check up today and be sure to let us know that getting your smile to sparkle is important to you.
If tooth whitening is what you choose you will want to know the general care instructions below:-
General care information for tooth whitening (bleaching):
- Bleaching is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, children under the age of 14 years or smokers.
- Clean and floss your teeth.
- Apply small amounts of whitening solution towards front of each tooth impression of the teeth that need whitening on the tray; overfilling tray will result in unnecessary waste of product and you may not have enough material to complete treatment correctly.
- Place the tray in your mouth (as we will have discussed) and wipe away any paste from the gums or gum line.
- Leave tray in your mouth for the recommended time (this will probably be 30 minutes to one hour but will depend on the product we select for you.)
- Remove the tray and brush your teeth with a wet toothbrush to remove any whitening gel. Rinse the tray in running water using your wet toothbrush to remove any remaining gel. Between treatments store your tray in its storage tray.
- Refrain from eating and drinking during, and for thirty minutes after treatment.
- avoid any food or drink with strong colours during treatment. eg coffee, tea, red wine and soft drink or coloured lollies
- Use only under the supervision of a dental professional.
- Store whitening syringes and mouth trays under 25 degrees.
- DO NOT rinse trays in hot or warm water.
- DO NOT freeze trays or bleaching solution.
- If discomfort or sensitivity occurs contact the dentist for advice.
Revised: 30 November 2020